25th Annual South Pacific Star Party 25-28 May 2017 - Fully booked - Time to prepare competition entries!
General information about the Star Party and details of new procedures for 2017 are here: http://www.asnsw.com/node/712 (but also see below). Here is some important information for this year's event. The event is now fully booked, but there is time to prepare your competition entries. Check out the details below.
Guest speakers: We are thrilled to announce that our guest speakers will be:
· Dave Gault on the Friday afternoon; and
· David Malin on the Saturday afternoon.
Registrations – Changes to procedures
· There will be No On-site Registrations this year.
Arrivals – Changes to procedures
· Note that the gate WILL BE LOCKED AT SUNSET to prevent people, unwittingly or otherwise, driving in after dark with lights on. If you need access after sunset, send a separate email to the treasurer with your ETA or ring Joe (there will be a sign on the gate) when you get there.
· The start time has changed. The start time is 2pm Thursday to allow time for volunteers to arrive, set up their own campsites, and get the site ready for the influx of visitors. Registered volunteers may, of course, arrive earlier. Participants who arrive before 2pm may find that there is nobody on the gate, no hot water in the urn, no power, and the toilets are locked.
· Design a T-shirt - Entries now closed.
· NEW IN 2017: Kids' Creativity Competition - Download the flier here. Open to all kids up to and including age 17. Note that entries may be prepared BEFORE the event, but kids who enter must attend the 2017 South Pacific Star Party.
· The Astroimaging Competition will run again this year. Details and entry forms are online: http://www.asnsw.com/node/670
· We will also continue in the tradition of presenting awards for Astronomy Innovations (for Telescope Makers and Software Developers).
· The Lucky Prize Draw will run in similar format to previous years.
A comprehensive information booklet will be emailed to registered participants before the end of April.