South Pacific Star Party Admin Policies
Fees and Advance Registration
- Fees are for one overnight stay to the full weekend - no reductions for short visits (except for Locals – see below).
- All participants are required to register online in advance.
- Day-only visitors on Saturday (staying for talks, leaving before dinner) - flat fee of $25.
In the event of:
- Cancellation with at least two weeks' notice before commencement of the event - You may request a full refund by transfer to your bank account (not refunded through the payment processor, so bank account details or other payment method must be supplied).
- No-show - You will not be entitled to a refund or credit (unless there are extenuating circumstances), except that pre-ordered T-shirts will be mailed out free of charge.
Please also read our SPSP FAQ for further details.
Pay Later Non-Payment
- If you select "Pay Later" when you register and your payment is not received within seven (7) days of your registration date, your registration will lapse and your ticket(s) will be cancelled and sold to someone else.
The cut-off for numbers will be set to 300. Subsequent to the close of registrations, extras that the treasurer may add manually include:
- Guest speakers and families (up to eight people)
- Neighbours invited for the roast dinner (up to four people)
- Major sponsors (usually about four people, but may be more).
This should take us to a maximum number of no more than 320 people on site if they all turn up. No-shows will typically reduce the number by 20 to 30.
Sponsors and Locals
- Sponsors who donate more than $1000 worth of equipment are entitled to free registration for the party. All sponsors receive complimentary T-shirts, beanies and meal vouchers.
- Locals may attend for free (assuming they are not staying overnight), but should supply names of all in their party to be added to the list of registered participants for the gate crew. Vehicles should be parked near the main gate.
- Participants attending for free do not go in the Lucky Prize Draw.