10. Cleaning up, Putting Everything Away and Throwing Back the Earth Switch
On Sunday, the Scouts continue to serve food until lunch time. If you have packed up your own camp and have some spare time before you leave, please help with these tasks:
Check-In Desk crew:
- Take down temporary signs and return them to box/folder at Check-In Desk.
- Do stocktake of stationery, forms and desk supplies.
- Make note of any provisions that need to be purchased for following year.
- Desk supplies remain in the drawers of the two desks, with the exception of items required by the Treasurer including:
- returned ID badge pouches;
- clipboards & lists of takings;
- box of plastic sleeves;
- signs that need updating for the following year;
- Treasurer's folders and boxes.
- Leave out a box in the Breezeway for people to return their ID badge pouches.
- Pack away the gazebo and return it to the Store Room.
- Pack away the AI Competition display boards and stack them behind the right-hand doorway to the Bunkroom alcove.
- Wash up and put away any dishes in the kitchen and wipe down the tables.
- Return Roast Dinner pots and serving utensils to the cupboard in the Meeting Hall.
- Collect the mirrors from the sinks outside the Amenities Block and return them to the top shelf on the right-hand side of the Store Room.
- Return volunteer vests and lanyards to the box in the Breezeway.
- Pull drawers out of Check-In desks, move desks back to Meeting Hall, replace drawers.
- Unplug lights, power boards and cables in Check-In Tent, Pavilion, Processing Pit and Recharging Station.
- Wind up cables and put all electricals away in labelled box in Store Room.
- Put the TV away in the designated space in the Store Room.
- Make an announcement before shutting down the generator.
- Shut down generator and switch off PA system (but not until after midday).
- After generator is unplugged, throw the Earth Switch back to the "Normal" position and secure with a twist tie or cable tie.
- Collect stray chairs from observing field.
- Stack hired chairs in Pavilion, check count = 100.
- Stack ASNSW chairs in Meeting Hall.
- Collect tables from Image Processing Pit, Scouts and one from Check-In Tent.
- Fold and stack hired tables in Pavilion, check count = 20.
- Fold and stack ASNSW tables in Meeting Hall.
- Pick up any litter from the ground and put in bins - last bin to be collected will be in the Breezeway or nearby.
- Load garbage into trailer for trip to tip.