Annual General Meeting
Friday 13th August 2021 - 7:30pm
Topic: ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Venue: Online meeting using ZOOM (If you haven't used ZOOM before, there are basic instructions here: How to use Zoom)
Abstract: Presentation of Annual Reports, election of office bearers and committee members, lucky door prize (one year's membership extension).
At the Annual General Meeting, reports from the President, Vice-Presidents and Treasurer are tabled. Award recipients are announced. The committee is dissolved and a new committee is elected. Committee nominations may be submitted on paper or by email but must be received by the Secretary by 4pm Friday 16th July 2021. The formal Notice of Annual General Meeting, paper Nomination Form and Instructions for completing an Email Nomination can be found below. Also note that 15 full members are needed for a quorum, so please join the meeting even if you don't wish to serve on the committee. Notice of the meeting is given in various issues of Universe and sent to members by email.
Rules for the Zoom AGM Meeting
- 15 full members online from the commencement of the meeting and throughout proceedings up to the election of the committee will constitute a quorum. Where households have more than one full member, if both/all full members share a ZOOM connection, they will both/all count towards the quorum.
- To minimise background noise, participants are requested to keep their microphones on Mute. Any questions should be typed into the Chat window.
- There may be no contested committee positions this year, but voting on adoption of reports will be required. As it is not considered that these votes would need to be undertaken with a secret ballot, and to allow for households that have more than one member participating by a single ZOOM connection, the voting procedure on ZOOM will be as follows:
- The start of vote will be declared by the chair asking if there are any "No" or "Abstain" votes.
- Anyone who wishes to vote against the adoption of a report can notify the meeting by typing "No" or "Abstain" into the chat window, or unmuting their mic to declare their "No" or "Abstain" vote.
- After a suitable elapsed time (depending on the number of participants), it will be assumed that the remainder of participants are in favour of adopting the report. The adoption of the report (or other result) will be declared by the chair.
- If there are contested positions, the Polling feature on the ASNSW's new Member Jungle website will be implemented. This is a secure online secret ballot system.
- Members who are unable to join the meeting via computer or phone, and who wish to vote, should contact the Treasurer to determine alternative arrangements.
You can download the Notice and Nomination From here: 2021 AGM Notice and Nomination Form.
You can also download the Agenda here: 2021 AGM Agenda
These meetings are for committee members only, unless by special request. ...