If you are having trouble logging in, please run through this checklist. If you still have problems after exhausting this list, the Treasurer can help! See below for further details.
- Username - Your username was changed when the ASNSW migrated to a new website in July 2021. On the old website, your username was your email address. On the new website, it was set up as first initial and surname (or abbreviated surname). There are two things to check:
- Are you using the correct username? Many emails sent to members have your username at the beginning of the email. Otherwise, you can get the system to send your username to your email address by clicking the "Forgot your username?" link on the login page of the website.
- Is your correct username being entered when you try to log in? Many browsers and devices will remember usernames that you have entered previously and enter them automatically. Look carefully at the username and make sure the correct username is entered when you go to log in.
- Password - No passwords were transferred from the old system to the new system. Passwords are encrypted, and no one has access to them. If you haven't logged in to the new system before (i.e. since July 2021), you WILL need to set up a new password.
- Set up a new password using the "Forgot your password?" link on the login page of the website. The system will send you an email (to your currently registered email address). You need to follow the instructions in the email to reset your password. Write down the new password and keep it in a safe place.
- Enter your username (refer above) and newly-set password at the login screen.
- Use the "peek" tool (the little eye at the right-hand-side of the password box) to display the password and make sure you have entered the password correctly. Passwords are case sensitive.
- Click "LOG IN".
- Lockout - After a number of unsuccessful login attempts, the system my lock you out. If you think you may have been locked out, the system does not let you back in after any length of time. An administrator DOES need to unlock your account manually. Refer step 5 below.
- New email address - If you have changed your email address since the system changed over, and you no longer have access to your old email account, you WILL need to contact the Treasurer or Secretary to have your email address updated BEFORE you can use the system to find out your username or reset your password.
- Ask for help - If you don't already have an email address for the Treasurer or Secretary (email addresses and phone numbers appear in all your issues of UNIVERSE magazine), the easiest way to do this is to use the form at the Contact Us page here: Contact Us.