Ordinary Meetings & AGM
The ASNSW holds Ordinary Meetings in most months, on Friday evenings nearest Full Moon. Each Ordinary Meeting will have a guest speaker who is a professional astronomer or other qualified specialist discussing leading-edge developments in astronomy, or members may offer presentations of a varied nature (general interest or recent activities). We maintain a list of Past Guest Speakers.
- The Annual General Meeting is normally held in August each year.
- The talk at the October or November Ordinary Meeting is usually designated "The Gordon Patston Memorial Lecture" in honour of our founder.
- The Astroimaging Section meets separately, with meeting information on the Astroimaging Meetings page.
From the 13 May 2022 meeting onwards, Ordinary Meetings will resume at the ECC (details below) and will ALSO be live-streamed using ZOOM.
If you haven't attended a ZOOM meeting yet, there are basic instruction here: How to use Zoom
Some of the talks from meetings since 2020 have been recorded. Access the talks at Recordings from Ordinary Meetings.
Notes to Guest Speakers
- Our meeting hall at Epping Creative Centre is equipped with a data projector (VGA and HDMI connections available), loudspeakers and projection screen for use when in-person meetings are held.
- In line with our Anti-Discrimination and Harassment Policy, we have to stipulate that your presentation should not include any content that may cause offence to anyone in the audience.
- Please confirm, when you are booked to speak, if we have permission to record your presentation.
Meeting Hall Details
Epping Creative Centre
26 Stanley Rd
There is ample parking with car parks in front of, beside and behind the meeting hall. The venue is wheelchair accessible.