Terms and Conditions for SPSP Registration
- Participants MUST register and pay in advance.
- COVID-permitting, registrations will open in February or March, and will close TWO WEEKS LATER, in time to get the T-shirts ordered and printed.
- If you take your chances and "just turn up", you will be turned away, as the event is normally over-subscribed. There are NO tickets at the gate.
- If you are not sure if you may have to work, please register anyway.
- If you are not sure if the weather is going to be good, please register anyway.
- If it turns out that you have to work, and you cancel with at least two weeks' notice before commencement of the event, you can apply for a full refund by contacting the Treasurer.
- If you are fussy about the weather, no refunds, as the event offers fantastic value, no matter what the weather conditions are like, and you should come anyway.
- If you find out that you can't make it after registering, please contact the Treasurer to cancel so that our participant list can be updated.
- Yes, you do need to register by the due date!
- Any "Pay Later" payments are due within 7 days of registration, otherwise your registration will lapse and your tickets will be sold to someone else.
- The principle here is to not disadvantage families with a large number of children, and we promote this as a family event.
- A "family" consists of up to three (3) related adults and any number of related children (children may be up to the age of 16). This could be two parents, plus kids, and one extra adult - e.g., an uncle, aunt or grandparent.
- If your family has MORE THAN THREE (3) ADULTS, extra adults and friends of the family should register separately.
- Specifically, families with FOUR adults should register as TWO SEPARATE FAMILIES. This could be mum, dad and two adult children (over the age of 16) or mum, dad and an adult child with spouse. This counts as two families! The kids have GROWN UP. Please be fair!
- Participant numbers will be limited to the working capacity of the site.
- Roast Dinner numbers are limited to the capacity of the ovens.
- If you attempt to register, but see a message that the event is full, you will have missed out this year.
- If the Roast Dinners have all been sold by the time you register, note that alternative meals are available in the Pavilion from the 1st Kandos Scouts.
- There are NO waiting lists.
- A small over-subscription in the number of registrations is allowed to compensate for the typical number of cancellations and no-shows.
- If not all Roast Dinner tickets are collected by registered participants by Saturday lunchtime, spare tickets MAY be sold at the Check-In Tent.
- Registration entitles you to participate in all scheduled activities, take part in the voting for the Astroimaging Competition, and enter your name in the Lucky Prize Draw.
- SPSP T-shirts may be ordered in advance with registration. If, for any reason, your pre-ordered T-shirt(s) cannot be supplied, you will receive a refund at the star party.
- The registration fee covers everything from one overnight stay to the full weekend. There are NO DISCOUNTS for short visits.
- The MEMBER DISCOUNT: You do not need to be an ASNSW Member to attend the star party, but you will pay a little more if you are not a Member. A discount of 20% applies for a Member registration. If you are a Member and you are logged in when you register, the 20% discount will be automatically applied to your Individual or Family registration. Your family members do not need to be ASNSW Members. For Member couples, it is cheaper to register as a Family than separately.
We ask you to enter the ages of your children for two reasons - one is for the kids' workshop activity and the other is to make sure that they go into the Kids' Lucky Prize Draw. Yes, the kids have their own draw, with pretty good odds of winning (usually) a 6" Dobsonian telescope!
Registration fees WILL be refunded if:
- the SPSP is cancelled;
- you cancel with at least two weeks' notice before the commencement of the event;
- you suffer some unforeseeable extenuating circumstance (dealt with on a case-by-case basis).
NO refunds for:
- change of mind in the two weeks before commencement of the event;
- adverse weather conditions or forecast;
- no-shows without notice.